No oats, no problem!
If you don’t like oats or you just want to switch up your porridge game then this no oats healthy porridge recipe is perfect for you!
It uses quinoa and buckwheat, two ancient grains that are loaded with essential minerals, complex carbs and plant based protein 🥣 💪 both of these grains are naturally gluten free and super easy to digest, which makes them perfect for sensitive tummies too!
That's why this healthy porridge recipe is also amazing for gym performance growth as many vegan bodybuilder's diets thrive off of these rich protein grains. Why not check out out this blog post on a Nutritionist's Guide to a Vegan Bodybuilding Diet to learn more about the best foods you can be eating to gain more!
PORRDIGE WITHOUT OATS
⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vivo Life Maca Powder (optional)
1. Using a sieve, rinse the quinoa and buckwheat well. Transfer to a saucepan and add half of the plant milk along with the water.
2. Cook the grains over a medium heat until they are cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed. This will take a little longer than regular porridge (approx 15-20 minutes)
3. Add in the cinnamon, maca powder, maple syrup and the rest of the milk. Continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired consistency.
4. Serve hot with your favourite toppings like fresh fruit and nut butter! 😍