This delicious coconut and blueberry banana bread is made with our new banana and cinnamon protein, making it the perfect answer to those post workout snack cravings! Give it a try yourself with this easy recipe...
4 ripe bananas
50g melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 scoops Banana & Cinnamon PERFORM
120g buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 large handful of fresh blueberries
5 tbsp desiccated coconut
3 heaped tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper
2. In a mixing bowl mash the bananas, then beat in the coconut oil and vanilla extract. In a seperate bowl combine the protein powder, buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into the main mixing bowl.
3. Fold in the fresh blueberries and coconut until everything is well mixed. Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and smooth over the surface. Put the loaf into the oven for around 30 minutes, until cooked through and golden on top.
4. Whilst the loaf is baking make your frosting by whisking together the peanut butter and maple syrup. Add a splash of almond milk to thin to your desired consistency.
5. Once the loaf has cooked and cooled, spread the frosting on top and finish with some more fresh blueberries. Serve and enjoy!