We’ve recreated one of our favourite ever desserts with a protein packed twist 🍏
This recipe definitely falls under the category of ‘treats’ but sometimes it is just as important to nourish your soul as it is to nourish your body 😇
Whip up a batch and enjoy them fresh from the oven!
2 cups wholemeal flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter
1 cup applesauce
2 ‘flax eggs’ (2tbsp flaxseed mixed with 6tbsp water)
1/2 tsp pink salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup plant milk
1 scoop @vivolife Madagascan Vanilla protein powder
2 cups chopped Granny Smith apple
For the crumb topping:
2/3 cup wholemeal flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup vegan butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/375F.
2. Line a muffin tin.
3. Mix the butter with the coconut sugar.
4. Stir in the flax eggs, applesauce and vanilla and mix well until everything is combined.
5. Stir in the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and protein powder.
6. Add 1/2 cup of plant milk and mix until you have a smooth batter.
7. Fold in the apple chunks. At this stage if your batter is too thick you can slowly add the rest of the plank milk. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling each hole up around 3/4 full.
8. For the topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Gently melt the butter and stir into the mix until crumbly. Sprinkle a spoonful onto each muffin.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. To check they are cooked you can insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving!
This delicious recipe is all thanks to @gianna_ciaramello