As the temperature on the thermometer drops, what better way to welcome in the new season than with a bowl of piping hot crumble?
This healthier take on a classic winter recipe is the perfect way to treat your tastebuds and nourish your body. It's got all the flavour of a traditional crumble recipe, but without all the junk that comes with it!
The recipe serves 6 generous portions, so no one will have to miss out! Serve on it's own or with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or dairy free ice cream for next level indulgence.
Oh, and in case you were wondering. Crumble for breakfast is perfectly acceptable.
Recipe: Spiced Apple & Blackberry Crumble
For the crumble:
For the fruit layer:
200g frozen blackberries
2 large cooking apples
1 heaped tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 150C. Core the apples and cut into small cubes.
2) Place the chopped apple into a saucepan with the blackberries, cinnamon, coconut sugar and a splash of water (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan). Place the pan over a low heat, and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring frequently!
3) While the fruit is cooking add all the crumble ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well.
4) Once the fruit is softened, add to a baking dish then top with the crumble layer. Place into the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
5) Leave to cool for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!