Raw cookie dough crumble layered between high protein ice-cream, date caramel and melted chocolate. Does it get any better than this?
This vegan dessert recipe is the perfect dessert or post-workout meal, and I can bet you that nobody will be able to tell that it’s vegan or dairy free. It’s one for the sceptics for sure! It’s also loaded with fibre and contains all those essential amino acids. If you like rich, creamy and thick milkshakes, then you won’t be disappointed!
Top tip: Feel free to make extra date caramel because it’s the best thing to have on hand in a jar in your fridge. It can be used as a replacement for sugar or syrup in almost any recipe, and it’s amazing on pancakes and porridge too!
Here's how to make them!
Salted Caramel Cookie Crumble Ice Cream Jars
- 4 frozen bananas (chopped into chunks before freezing)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 scoop Salted Maca Caramel PERFORM
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- Handful of cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup date caramel*
- Melted vegan chocolate (optional)
*Raw date caramel can be made very easily by simply blending medjool dates in a high speed blender until very smooth. If using a harder variety of dates you can soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften. Add a little water if you need to in order to help them blend.
1) To make your cookie crumble, mix half a cup of the date caramel with about 4 tablespoons of coconut flour until a crumby cookie dough like mixture forms. It is best to add the flour one tablespoon at the time as the amount you need may vary depending on the thickness of your caramel. Stir in the cacao nibs and set aside.
2) In a high-powered blender, blend the frozen banana chunks with the coconut milk until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides every so often to ensure all the banana is incorporated.
3) When an ice cream consistency has formed, add a scoop of Salted Maca Caramel PERFORM to ramp up the protein content and give a delicious caramel taste. You can keep the ice cream in the freezer for up to 40 minutes, but do not let it solidify.
4) Now it's time to assemble your jars! There is no right or wrong way - simply layer the ice cream, cookie crumble, and remaining date caramel in any order you like. I recommend adding some melted dairy free chocolate to the top to really impress your tasters!
5) Serve immediately and enjoy :)
Want more delicious recipes like this one? Check out this Chunky Monkey Chocolate Oats recipe for another tasty vegan dessert treat!