Christmas puddings are one of the most traditional desserts for this time of year, so it would almost be rude to celebrate the festive season without a delicious recipe for Christmas Pud! These little treats are a little different from the puddings that you’re used to however and to be honest, I think they’re even more delicious!
This is also such a simple vegan recipe to make and is split into two easy stages: the sweet, nutty, miniature puddings and delicious creamy cashew sauce! The puddings themselves are made from a combination of nuts, fruits and festive spices.
There’s no added sweeteners in the pudding mixture whatsoever, as the fruit provides lots of natural sweetness, as well as helping to bind everything together.
These are the perfect little desserts to serve at a Christmas dinner party, so each guest can have their own individual pudding to dig into! They would also make a pretty impressive addition to your festive buffet spread and I think your guests would amazed with both the taste and incredible list of ingredients too!
I've put the written recipe directly below, but if you'd rather see the video recipe, scroll down to the bottom of this page!
Raw Christmas Puddings (serves 5)
For the puddings
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk (the thick part from the top)
- Crushed pistachio nuts
- Pomegranate seeds
1) Add the nuts into your food processor and blend for a few seconds to crush them into smaller pieces. Now add your dates, currants and spices and pulse until the mixture is sticky and well combined.
2) Mould the mixture into small Christmas pudding shapes (I made 5 from this quantity) and place these onto a lined tray and into the freezer to firm up for around 2 hours.
3) For the creamy cashew sauce, mix together the nut butter, coconut milk and maple syrup until completely smooth.
4) Remove your puddings from the freezer and drizzle a little sauce over each one. Garnish with crushed pistachios and / or pomegranate seeds for decoration.
And as promised... here's the recipe in video form!
Need another holiday vegan dessert recipe? Check out this Spiced Apple and Blackberry Crumble recipe for another delicious treat!