Creamy High Protein Pasta Sauce
Makes 1-2 servings | 10 mins
Smoothies, brownies, energy balls.
There's an overwhelming amount of these amazing recipes going around.
But sometimes you just want a healthy dinner recipe that doesn't take hours to make!
This creamy high-protein pasta sauce is perfect for a quick dinner. It uses our unflavoured VEGAN PROTEIN powder, so you can keep your protein intake high. This unflavoured powder is really good in savoury recipes and makes a nice change from sweet protein treats.
Created by our resident recipe-maestro Phitzee, I love using this recipe for a quick healthy dinner. It doesn't take loads of time or require special ingredients, and you simply need to blend the ingredients together to make the sauce!
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp VEGAN PROTEIN
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard
- black pepper to taste
- pinch of salt
- 80g spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup peas
1. Cook the pasta for the required amount of time (details will be the packaging).
2. Once cooked, drain the pasta whilst saving 1 cup of pasta water for the sauce. Leave the pasta in the saucepan.
3. To make the sauce, place all the ingredients required with 1/2 cup of the pasta water you saved in a blender and blend till completely
smooth. If it’s too think and you want it thinner, add more pasta water gradually.
4. Combine the sauce together with the pasta in the pan adding in the peas with a little more salt and black pepper if desired.
5. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
TIP: You can soak the cashews prior to give the sauce a creamier, smoother texture.