This might just be the tastiest cookie recipe we’ve ever made!
The flavour combo of rich chocolate, creamy tahini and chewy fig is just perfection and each cookie packs in a solid 12g of protein too! These tasty treats are also great for the winter season.
Here’s how you make them:
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 scoop Vivo Life Raw Cacao Protein
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 cup chopped dried figs
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp flaxseed
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1. In a bowl mix together the almond flour, protein powder, cacao powder and salt. Stir in the tahini, peanut butter and maple syrup and mix well until a dough is formed. Fold in the dried figs until well combined.
2. Transfer the cookie dough to the fridge and leave to chill for 30 minutes. It may be tempting to skip this step but it is essential if you want that perfect soft and chewy texture!
3. Whilst the dough is chilling preheat the oven to 175C / 350F. Line a tray with parchment paper. Make two ‘flax eggs’ by mixing the 2tbsp flaxseed with 6tbsp water and leave this to thicken for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge and stir in the flax eggs + baking soda. Scoop the dough into cookie shapes and lay flat on the baking tray. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. Leave the cookies to cool for 5 minutes or so before you eat them!