As the temperature goes up, so do our cravings for fresh fruit and ice cold smoothie bowls.
This could only mean that for all of those living, hydrating foods that nourish our cells and keep us vibing high! So, what better way to satisfy your cravings than with a delicious vanilla berry bowl?!
Eating your fruits are especially important for gaining muscle mass and incorporating iron into your diet as it plays an important role in getting oxygen from your lungs to your muscles, which makes it a crucial nutrient when you’re trying to bulk up.
Have a look at our Nutritionist's Guide To A Vegan Bodybuilding Diet for more information on how to eat like a vegan bodybuilder!
Whether you're looking for an energising, high protein breakfast or nourishing post work out recovery snack, we've got you berry much covered with this summer-tastic smoothie recipe!
VANILLA BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 handful frozen red grapes
- 1 handful frozen strawberries
- 1 handful frozen cherries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop PERFORM Madagascan Vanilla
- Splash of coconut water
1. Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and mix.
2. Add just enough coconut water to allow the smoothie to mix while still keeping it nice and thick.
3. Now it's time to get creative! Add your favourite toppings, my personal go-to's are cacao nibs, peanut butter, blueberries & coconut yogurt.
4. Take that perfect, Insta-worthy pic and enjoy!