Sometimes I want plain pancakes. The boring kind. The ones that only require a drizzle of maple syrup and you're good to go. Then other times, I find some chocolate chips and before I know it I've a frying pan in each hand, flour in my hair and I'm flipping pancakes like a pro.
The result? A wholesome, delicious, fluffy vegan pancake stack with warm pockets of melted chocolate. If you do anything this weekend, make these!
Ingredients for 2 people
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 scoop Salted Maca Caramel PERFORM
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic maca powder
1/2 cup plain soya or coconut yoghurt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Splash of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of almond milk
1) Sift the flours, PERFORM, baking powder and maca into a small bowl.
2) In a separate bowl mix the yogurt, almond milk and vanilla until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk thoroughly. (You may need to add a little more almond milk if the mixture appears to be too thick.)
3) Stir in the chocolate chips and allow the batter to sit for about five minutes. Grease a non-stick pan with a small amount of coconut oil and add about ¼ cup of batter at a time.
4) Cook for about three minutes before flipping, and then a further one to two minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
5) Serve warm with all of your favourite toppings!