Serves 1 | High Protein | Full of Flavour
100g buckwheat soba noodles
1 red pepper
1 cup Green beans
½ red onion
5 tenderstem broccoli stalks/heads
1-2 cloves of garlic
1-2 tsp crushed ginger
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
5 tbsp buckwheat flour (for coating)
200g extra fiirm tofu
1. Add in crushed garlic, crushed ginger + 2 tbsp of Tamari soy sauce and mix, feel free to add in a few drops of water for extra measure.
1. Take the tofu out of its container and wrap in a kitchen towel, place wrapped tofu on a plate and stack a heavy object on top, (like a iron skillet or baking dish) and press the tofu for approx 5-10 mins until water has been drained. If you have a tofu presser, then opt for that of course.
2. Cut the tofu into cubes
3. In a little bowl, add in some soy sauce, sesame oil (optional), a few drops of water if needed.
4. In a separate bowl, pour in the buckwheat fllour (only enough to cover the tofu cubes ever so slightly so got bit by bit) along with some sesame seeds.
5. Then dip the tofu cubes into the soy sauce mix and roll into the fllour with sesame seeds until all sides are covered evenly.
6. Place parchment paper on top of a baking tray and add the marinated/coated tofu cubes.
7. Bake for 25 min, or until edges are crispy and brown. Let the tofu cool before serving as this will make it crispier.
1. In a work or frying pan, add in fiinely chopped and cut red onion, red pepper and fry for 3-5 min on a medium-high heat with some water as needed.
2. Lightly boil the green beans and broccoli for a few min before adding them into the frying pan to cook with the other veggies.
3. In a separate sauce pan, start cooking the noodles for required amount of time.
4. You then have the option of bringing everything together separately and saving the sauce to pour on later (like in the image) OR once the noodles are ready and drained, transfer them into the frying pan along with all the veggies (and a little bit of noodle water to help things soak up) and then pour in the sauce to toss/ mix all the fllavours and everything together before serving.
5. Serve in a bowl with the baked tofu chunks on top. Voila!
Calorie (kcal): 905.8 | Carb (grams): 136.8 | Fat (grams): 24.1 | Protein (grams): 51.6