Serves 2 | Ready in less than 30 minutes | High Protein
1 large garlic clove
½ red onion
1 can coconut milk
2 cups cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
2 large carrots
1 small aubergine
1 bell pepper
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Thumb sized piece ginger-grated
½ tsp turmeric
Chilli flakes to taste
1. Heat a large heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add a splash of water to prevent sticking.
2. Finely dice the onion and add this into the pan, along with the garlic cloves-crushed. Sauté these until the onion becomes translucent. Dice the pepper and courgette into chunks and add these into the pan to cook until slightly softened.
3. Add all of your spices and ginger to the pan and sauté for a minute or 2, until fragrant. Pour in the coconut milk and stir well.
4. Finally, add the carrots, aubergine and chick peas and allow the curry to simmer gently for 20 – 30 minutes.
5. Serve with rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Calorie (kcal): 464.9 | Carb (grams): 52.8 | Fat (grams): 25.7 | Protein (grams): 9.7