Doughnuts are delightful - but the sluggish feeling you get after inevitably consuming two more than you said you would is not.
This doughnut recipe changes that, and is actually good for you!
Just get the ingredients together, pick up some Chocolate Vegan Protein, some doughnut moulds, and a blender.
For the doughnuts
300ml plant based milk
80g apple sauce
200-250g cooked sweet potato, skin on
45ml maple syrup
100g spelt flour or flour of your choice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the glaze
Melted dark chocolate
- In a blender, combine the milk, apple sauce, banana, cooked sweet potato, maple syrup and protein powder. Blitz until smooth.
- Add the protein, flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and either blitz or stir with a spatula to ensure it is well mixed.
- Heat up the oven to 175ºc. Add a little melted coconut oil to the doughnut moulds. This will make sure they come out easily.
- Add a heaped dessert spoon of the batter to each ring. When all the rings are full, smooth the mixture out with a wet finger.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. A skewer should come out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool before removing from the mould.
- Heat the oven to 220ºc or an air fryer to 180ºc. Place however many doughnuts you plan on eating on a baking tray or in the basket of an air fryer. Cook until the doughnut starts to crisp on the outside.
- Once crisp, dip the doughnuts into the melted chocolate, place on a plate and add sprinkles. See how long you can wait before you devour them!
Thanks to @beatonjamie for the recipe!