These high protein packed cookies with a gooey salted caramel and melted chocolate centre are the perfect way to satisfy those post workout munchies!
They're easy to prepare and require just 10 minutes in the oven. Try them out for yourself!
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL STUFFED PROTEIN COOKIES
- 1/2 cup dates
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 scoop PERFORM Salted Maca Caramel
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 2 tbsp almond milk
FOR THE CENTER:
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Vegan dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C and line a tray with baking paper
2. Make your cookie dough by combining the dates and cashew butter in a food processor and blending until you get a sticky caramel mixture. Add the remaining cookie ingredients and blend again until you have a smooth dough.
3. Mix together the ingredients for the filling until you have a thick caramel sauce consistency. If required add a little more almond milk. Chop the chocolate into small chunks.
4. Mould the dough into a cookie shape with your hands and create a shallow well in the centre. Place a small amount of the caramel inside and top with a piece of chocolate.
5. Take a small amount of the cookie dough and flatten this into a circle, then place over the top of the chocolate and seal around the edges. Transfer the cookie to the baking tray and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
6. Place these into the oven for 10 minutes to bake. Allow to cool before removing from the tray.