What better way to welcome the weekend than with a big batch of protein packed vegan doughnuts?
This epic combination of ripe banana, oats, flaxseed, peanut butter and Salted Maca Caramel PERFORM packs all the goodness of a smoothie into the deliciousness of a doughnut. So there's no wonder we've been making these on repeat for the past few weeks!
Whether you enjoy them as a post workout treat or a protein packed dessert, you dough-nut want to miss out on this delicious new recipe!
Banana, Peanut Butter & Caramel Fudge Pronuts
2 large ripe bananas
150ml almond milk
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
150g rolled oats
2 scoops Salted Maca Caramel PERFORM
2 tbsp flaxseed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the glaze
4 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
Melted raw chocolate
1) Preheat your over to 180C and lightly grease a 6 hole doughnut pan with a little coconut oil
2) Place the bananas, almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar into a blender and blend until well combined. Now add the remaining dry ingredients to the blender and blitz together until a smooth, thick batter is formed.
3) Using a teaspoon, spread your batter evenly around the 6 doughnut rings, making sure it does not cover the hole in the middle. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden, risen and firm.
4) Set the doughnuts aside to cool. Whilst they are cooling, whisk together your peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth. You can also add a splash of almond milk to this mixture to make the glaze go further (and use more on each doughnut!)
5) When the doughnuts are cooled, remove them carefully from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Gently spoon the glaze over the top of each doughnut.
6) Drizzle each doughnut with a little melted raw chocolate and some crushed roasted peanuts (optional). Enjoy right away, or transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.