Nothing better than an easy healthy protein bar recipe!
If you’re sick of pre-packaged protein bars loaded with sugars and preservatives then why not make your own.
The Benefits of Protein Bars
Protein bars are the most convenient way to add protein, nutrients, vitamins and carbs to your diet. High protein bars can help you sustain your workout and repair your muscles after exercise.
That's because protein is an essential nutrient to your diet - it fuels your body to function properly.
Check out this article about protein powder and the incredible 7 reasons to switch to a plant-based protein powder.
Our plant based protein bar recipe is super simple and requires just four wholesome ingredients to make it taste delicious. So why not give it a shot!
BANANA AND CINNAMON PROTEIN BARS
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- 50g of Vivo Life Banana & Cinnamon Protein Powder
- Handful dark chocolate chunks
1. Blend together the dates and cashew butter in a food processor until smooth. Add your protein powder and blend again.
2. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks until they are evenly distributed.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly across the tray. Transfer to the freezer for 2 hours to set. Cut into bars and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
MACROS: 10g protein, 17g carbs, 10g fat (recipe makes 5 bars)