5 INGREDIENTS | 90 MIN | 4 SERVINGS
4 large white potatoes
2 cups all purpose flour (sieved)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Matcha (sieved)
1. Pierce the potatoes with a fork all over. Bake at 180C for 60 min. Allow to cool before peeling them completely.
2. Once cooled and peeled, grate the potatoes with a grater or use a ricer, then place the grated potatoes on a flat surface adding the flour, olive oil, matcha and salt.
3. Knead the dough for around 2 min until it forms an even dough, roll into a ball. Cut the dough into quarters.
4. Flour the surface and roll out each quarter into a 2-3cm thick “rope”, cutting into even, pillow sized pieces.
5. You have the option to leave the gnocchi pillows as they are or for a classic gnocchi shape, press down the gnocchi against the outer side of the fork using your thumb and roll it off, this forms the grooves.
6. In boiling water, cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until the gnocchi rise to the surface.
7. Serve with a basil pesto or as desired.
TIP: You can freeze the gnocchi once they are shaped to use at a